Last updated: August 20, 2016 Figuring out how to find Flower Mound Texas homes for sale can be a challenging process.
Mainstream real estate listing websites don’t always have up-to-date information on Flower Mound Texas homes for sale, so it’s easy to feel misled when you spend lots of time going down the online home listings rabbit hole.
And, while there is certainly some amazing information on Flower Mound Texas homes for sale all across the internet, there may be an easier way to find out where the hottest Flower Mound home listings are located.
Ready to hear this dead-simple trick that will save you tons of time, energy, and money?
Just visit Flower Mound in-person to get the inside scoop on where the greatest real estate deals are hiding. This is an absolute must if you’re serious about buying a home in Flower Mound, TX. So, book a room at the Gaylord hotel (or grab an AirBnB), and pay attention to this list of top tips that all prospective Flower Mound home buyers need to know about…
Here are the 5 best tips for figuring out how to find Flower Mound Texas homes for sale…
How to Find Flower Mound Texas Homes For Sale Tip #1. Drive Around Town (Old School Method)
This tip might sound a little bit old school, but it’s always important to get a feel for the real estate market in any new city that you’re considering moving to. And, driving around Flower Mound gives you the perfect opportunity to find out where homes are selling, which hot areas are under development, and what the city is like in general. Driving around Flower Mound is easy, free, and an important part of feeling out where you live in the near future.
How to Find Flower Mound Texas Homes For Sale Tip #2. Focus on the Best Neighborhoods in Flower Mound
Neighborhoods like the Estates at Tour 18, Bridlewood, and Wellington offer some of the best properties in Flower Mound. These Flower Mound neighborhoods are not only packed with nice homes, but high-quality people as well.
- The Estates at Tour 18 properties are priced in the $1M range, and offer the most privacy, as the lot sizes are generous and remain “guarded” in an exclusive gated community. Not to mention, Tour 18 also has a beautiful golf course, so it’s a truly amazing place to live. Tour 18 is one of Flower Mound’s greatest and most “luxurious” communities.
- Bridlewood is a great neighborhood as well, as it offers a similar upscale atmosphere as Tour 18 but at a much lower price point. Homes in Bridlewood usually run in the $500,000 range, but can vary in price. Bridlewood homes also belong to a beautiful golf course community that is similar to Tour 18’s, although it’s not nearly as “exclusive” (if you even care about exclusivity – you Flower Mound snob). It’s also worth noting that Bridlewood homes belong to the Marcus High School district rather than the Flower Mound High School district.
- Wellington is also a nice community that’s located in the heart of Flower Mound. It’s a little bit of an older neighborhood, as the community was developed back in 1995. But, this creates a nice range of deals to be found, along with some of the “sturdiest” homes in all of Flower Mound (Wellington was developed before the thousands of cheaply-built McMansions were constructed all throughout Flower Mound and the surrounding DFW area). Wellington is ultimately a very safe bet, and the neighborhood puts you directly in the Flower Mound High School district.
Other Flower Mound communities like the Preserve at Flower Mound and Terracina offer amazing value in terms of safety, school zone, and overall lifestyle. You really can’t go wrong with ANY neighborhood in Flower Mound, since this is a pretty top-notch place to live. But of course, it’s still worth looking into some of the very best neighborhoods that the city has to offer.
How to Find Flower Mound Texas Homes For Sale Tip #3. Talk to People
Finding great homes in Flower Mound is a social process. You have to rely on talking to people, otherwise you won’t know when great properties go on the market. Stopping by Z-bar on a Thursday night, or going out at the Glass Cactus nightclub are a couple of good ways to immediately connect with people who live in the Flower Mound area. Flower Mounders are very open and accepting people if you just take the initiative to speak with them.
People from Flower Mound might appear shy at first, or even extremely reserved in certain cases, but I promise they’ll come out of their shelves if you simply approach and chat with them. You might even make some great new friends while asking people from Flower Mound about the best homes and communities in town.
How to Find Flower Mound Texas Homes For Sale Tip #4. Consider properties in Highland Village, Argyle, and Double Oak
Flower Mound has great homes for sale. It’s a great community that you shouldn’t miss out on. But, the reality is that Highland Village, Argyle, and Double Oak are located directly beside Flower Mound, and offer virtually the same lifestyle as you would find in Flower Mound – but at a lesser price.
- Highland Village is a smaller community than Flower Mound, and its homes are generally better priced.
- Argyle offers more spacious properties, more land, and better prices than Flower Mound, but it’s a little bit further away from the restaurants, schools, and shopping of Flower Mound. It’s kind of a country atmosphere, and it is a very nice town.
- Double Oak is located right next to Flower Mound and Highland Village, and feels like an extension of these communities.
- Flower Mound is the priciest of these communities, and I’m not trying to sell you on it, even though this website obviously has a natural bias towards it! Flower Mound is just one of the most convenient and useful suburban communities in all of DFW because of its location, people, and quality of life.
You generally can’t go wrong with living in any of these communities.
How to Find Flower Mound Texas Homes For Sale Tip #5. Talk To The Best Flower Mound Real Estate Agent You Can Find
Do your research on real estate agents in Flower Mound – I can’t stress this enough! If you’re going to put someone in charge of helping you buy one of the most important assets of your lifetime, then you’d better take care of due diligence and make sure they have your best interests in mind.
How to Find Flower Mound Texas Homes For Sale Tip #6. Have Fun
It’s important not to take yourself too seriously during this process. Flower Mound is a very nice community, but it isn’t Beverly Hills or The Hamptons. What you’re getting here is a slice of luxury at an extremely affordable price in comparison to the various other options across America. So, make sure that you enjoy it. Seriously. We have too many people living in Flower Mound who are convinced that this is Hollywood. Come here to enjoy life, and have fun, and you will put yourself in a position to make the most of buying a house in Flower Mound.